The new “Once Upon a Mat” DVD by Namaste Kid is a great combo of yoga storytelling with their signature distraction-free background & kid-friendly format!
- The DVD is organized into 9 chapters.
- Each chapter is a complete 3-5 minute yoga routine, identified by a colorful icon.
- You can mix-and-match chapters to create your own unique yoga experience.
- This DVD can also be played from beginning to end as a full 33-minute yoga routine.
- I LOVE the storytelling format, short length of each chapter, distraction-free background, kid-friendly menu & that it includes affirmations!
See the “In the Garden” chapter from the DVD on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV6Aylq8WrE
Product Description: Once Upon a Mat brings your child on exciting yoga adventures, including an African safari, a trip to outer space, and getting caught in a thunderstorm!
Once Upon a Mat helps children exercise their bodies and expand their imaginations. Your little yogi will become a part of this adventure through real yoga poses and guided breathing.
Your child will love creating their own yoga adventure. Once Upon a Mat contains 9 chapters. Each chapter is a complete 3-5 minute yoga routine. This DVD can be played from beginning to end as a full 33 minute yoga workout. Your child can also mix-and-match chapters to create their own unique yoga story.
Once Upon a Mat simply features Jessie and her mat. Jessie engages your child in the yoga story, as she guides them through yoga poses and breath work. The distraction-free background is perfect for little yogis, allowing their adventure to go as far as their imagination will take them.
This DVD is ideal for kids ages 2.5 to 7. There are also tips to help your child maximize the benefits of the DVD.
DVD Price at the time of this post: $15.49. Available for purchase on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007XILW5O
Website: http://www.namastekid.com/products/kids-yoga-dvds/once-upon-a-mat-dvd/. Check out the cool pose library: http://www.namastekid.com/learn/kids-yoga-poses/ & find kids yoga classes in your area: http://www.namastekid.com/learn/kids-yoga-classes/.
More about the unique “distraction-free” background: While the DVD was designed for young kids (2.5 to 7 years old), it also would be appropriate for older kids that need a simplified format with no distractions. I have found that this format works well with young kids short attention spans and also works well with kids who have ADHD, Autism, etc…..
Why does a “distraction-free” background matter?….
(FYI… the blue painting in the background above is a portion of “Sensory Chaos” by Donna Proctor: http://fineartamerica.com/products/sensory-chaos–autism-donna-proctor-poster.html)
Free Printable Choice Cards: I made these by taking screen shots off the DVD of the icon for each chapter. Many of the kids I work with have very limited verbal skills so I needed a way for them to be able to make a choice of what yoga adventure we should do. One of our TV’s is wall mounted so the kids can’t just point to the menu on the TV plus many of our kids can’t make a choice out of a field of 9…. but can out of a field of 2 or 3 choices. I cut my cards apart and laminated them so I can offer 2 choices at a time….. but you could also leave all 9 choices on 1 sheet if the kids you work with can handle that many choices. (1 page PDF: Namaste Kid Once Upon a Mat – Choice Cards)
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own.
How to enter the giveaway:
- Enter via the “Giveaways” tab on the OMazing Kids FB page (http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsYoga?v=app_197602066931325) & mention how you would be using this DVD with your child or the children you work with. (comments must be in English; must include full first & last name; 1 entry per Facebook account).
- For one additional entry, leave a comment on this blog post. Must mention how you would be using this DVD with your child or the children you work with. (comments must be in English; 1 entry per person; must have a valid e-mail address)
- Tips: You increase your odds of winning by entering via both methods. Entering via the “Giveaways” tab will save me the step of having to obtain your mailing address – the info you complete on the tab comes directly to me via an e-mail.
Entry Deadline: Enter by any of the methods listed above by 11:59pm CST on June 23, 2012.
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- Entries from the USA & Canada are being allowed for this particular giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via the Enter Giveaways Here…. tab on Facebook may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- One (1) winner will be chosen via a random drawing of valid entries on June 24, 2012.
- The winner will receive one (1) copy of the DVD.
- The winner will be notified via e-mail and will be posted on the blog post.
- If a winner only entered via blog post, their mailing address will be obtained via e-mail.
- In the event that a winner does not respond within 24 hours, a new winner will be selected via a random drawing.
- The winner’s address will be forwarded to the company and they will be mailing the book directly to the winner.
- Prize Value: $15.49
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a kids yoga DVD but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the wavy divider bar. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.