Looking for a fun yoga story for kids that includes pictures of the poses & instructions on each page of the story?
Jungle Walk: A Yoga Story for Kids will be a fun addition to the library of any kids yoga teacher, parent or classroom teacher!
Product Description: Jungle Walk: A Yoga Story for Kids by Lakshmi Gosyne – Keya wants to go outside and play, but it’s literally a jungle out there! Her mother warns her not to get lost and Keya tries her best to listen, but the animals have something else in mind. Join Keya on her adventure as she encounters jungle wildlife including exotic flowers, hungry birds, a confused antelope, a slithery snake and a bathing baby elephant. Using traditional yoga poses in a flowing sequence, children will increase their fitness, learn body awareness and have lots of fun.
Here’s what I love about this book:
- I love that the story is set in the Palpur-Kuno Wildlife Sanctuary in Madhya Pradesh, India & that the author includes information about the sanctuary and the animals and people who live there. This book would be easy to incorporate into classroom studies on cultures, animals, healthy activity for kids (yoga), etc.
- I love the simple colorful illustrations. It is easy to pick out the target poses on each page.
- Photos & instructions for each pose are included either on the border of each page or a facing page. This makes it very user-friendly for folks who may not be familiar with yoga poses & the inclusion of the pose pictures will help kids who are visual learners or who have motor planning difficulties see what they need to do to make their body be like the animal in the story.
- The poses included are developmentally appropriate for the targeted audience. The author indicates that she has used the book successfully with toddlers to 10 year olds and indicates the book is ideal for 5-7 year olds. She includes ideas for modifications for younger & older kids.
- Two yoga breathing activities are included in the story.
- The ending of the book would lend itself well to a discussion with kids about the dangers of wandering off and how it would make a parent feel.
Here is a sneek peek inside the book (images are from the Amazon.com preview):
Paperback book price at the time of this post: $14.95
Available online at:
Create Space: https://www.createspace.com/3684646
Link to mp3 (18:37): Lakshmi Gosyne, author & illustrator, reads her book “Jungle Walk: A Yoga Story For Kids”. Includes directions on how to do yoga poses to be part of the story. http://soundcloud.com/omazing-kids-yoga/jungle-walk-a-yoga-story-for (short link: http://snd.sc/t3sCBP). The “download” feature is disabled on Soundcloud & this mp3 will be deleted from Soundcloud at the end of this giveaway.
Free mp3 download with purchase: Folks who order the book can e-mail a copy of their receipt to the author at email@example.com to get a free copy of the mp3 download 🙂
More info about the Palpur-Kuno Wildlife Sanctuary in Madhya Pradesh, India: http://www.junglees.org/palpur-kuno-wildlife-sanctuary.html
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own.
How to enter the book giveaway:
- Enter via the “Giveaways” tab on the OMazing Kids Yoga FB page (http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsYoga?v=app_197602066931325) & mention how you would be using this book with your child or the children you work with. (comments must be in English; must include full first & last name; 1 entry per Facebook account).
- For one additional entry, leave a comment on this blog post. Must mention how you would be using this book with your child or the children you work with. (comments must be in English; 1 entry per person; must have a valid e-mail address)
- Tips: You increase your odds of winning by entering via both methods. Entering via the “Giveaways” tab will save me the step of having to obtain your mailing address – the info you complete on the tab comes directly to me via an e-mail.
Entry Deadline: Enter by any of the methods listed above by 11:59pm CST on January 3, 2012.
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- Only USA entries are being allowed for this particular giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids Yoga, LLC or the book’s author are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via the Enter Giveaways Here…. tab on Facebook may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- One (1) winner will be chosen via a random drawing of valid entries on January 4, 2012.
- The winner will get one (1) copy of the paperback book “Jungle Walk: A Yoga Story for Kids”.
- The winner will be notified via e-mail and will be posted on the blog post.
- If the winner only entered via blog post, their mailing address will be obtained via e-mail.
- In the event that the winner does not respond within 24 hours, a new winner will be selected via a random drawing.
- The winner’s address will be forwarded to the author & she will be shipping the book directly to the winner.
- Prize Value: retail price $14.95.
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a kids yoga book but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids Yoga, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids Yoga, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids Yoga, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids Yoga, LLC – inclusive yoga for kids & teens of all abilities in Norman, Oklahoma
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the wavy divider bar. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.