Are you ready to kid around and have a blast… again? Check out the new “Namaste ‘n Play” CD from Kidding Around Yoga!
Chanting, Deep Relaxation, Focus related games and activities all with a Yoga Twist 🙂
Songs on the CD include:
- Om Namah Shivaya
- Crazy Monkey
- Positive Words
- Yummy Yoga… Truth is One, Foods are Many
- Namaste ’n Play
- A Yogi Went to Sea
- It’s all good
- The Crow
- The Yoga Slide
- Orange You Grateful?
- Laughing Meditation
- May the Long Time Sun
All the songs are unique & fun! I love how creative and upbeat this CD is. Adding music to kids yoga is a fun way to enhance a theme & encourage participation. Many kids with special needs, especially those with Autism Spectrum Disorders, respond well to music and often are drawn to songs that have a strong beat or rhythm.
Here are a few links to more info about using music with kids with ASD: http://www.mkdowney.com/music.htm, http://www.coastmusictherapy.com/tips/Autism.PDF, http://www.tunedintolearning.com/why-music.html & http://www.autismanxiety.com/music-helps-decrease-anxiety/
Check out the Namaste ‘n Play CD samples by going to their website and clicking on the PLAY button to listen:
Purchase online at: http://kiddingaroundyoga.com/shop
Price: $12.00, includes shipping (see their website for special offers when purchasing more than 1 CD)
Disclaimer: I received a free digital sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own.
How to enter the Kidding Around Yoga Namaste ‘n Play CD giveaway:
- Enter via the “Giveaways” tab on the OMazing Kids Yoga Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsYoga?v=app_197602066931325) & mention how you would be using this CD your child or the children you work with (comments must be in English; 1 entry per Facebook account).
- For one additional entry, leave a comment on this blog post. Must mention how you would be using this CD with your child or the children you work with. (comments must be in English; 1 entry per person; must have a valid e-mail address)
- Tips: You increase your odds of winning by entering via both methods. Entering via the “Giveaways” tab will save me the step of having to obtain your mailing address – the info you complete on the tab comes directly to me via an e-mail.
Entry Deadline: Enter by any of the methods listed above by 11:59pm CST on December 16, 2011.
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- USA entries only for a CD. International entries are being allowed for a digital download version in this particular giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids Yoga, LLC or Kidding Around Yoga are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Ten (10) winners will be chosen via a random drawing of valid entries on December 17, 2011.
- Each winner from the USA will get one (1) copy of the Namaste ‘n Play CD. International winners will receive a digital download version of the CD.
- The winners will be notified via e-mail.
- In the event that a winner does not respond within 24 hours, a new winner will be selected via a random drawing.
- The winner’s mailing address will be obtained via e-mail and will be forwarded to Kidding Around Yoga.
- Kidding Around Yoga will be shipping the CD’s or will be e-mailing a link to a digital download directly to the winners.
- Prize Value: retail price $12.00.
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a kids yoga music CD but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids Yoga, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids Yoga, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids Yoga, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids Yoga, LLC – inclusive yoga for kids & teens of all abilities in Norman, Oklahoma
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the wavy divider bar. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.
Pingback: Review & A Way To Give Giveaway: OM Work CD Bundle from Kidding Around Yoga | OMazing Kids
This giveaway is now closed. The 10 winners of the Namaste ‘n Play CD by Kidding Around Yoga are: Kim Steen, Juliana Vergaray, Kim Davis, Heather Burke, Sara Trivisonno, Michelle Creamer, Julie Sullivan, Samantha King, Rita Nicolini & Jeanette Runnings. I have e-mailed your mailing addresses to Haris at Kidding Around Yoga so she can mail you each a CD.
Thanks to everyone who participated & to Kidding Around Yoga for having us host your giveaway 🙂
Be looking for more reviews & giveaways for fun kids yoga & relaxation products soon!
Here are comments from the 12 entries received via the Enter Giveaways Here… tab on the OMazing Kids Yoga Facebook page. It was so cool to read all the comments! I wish all of you could receive a CD…
* “‘The divine in me honors the divine in you.’ This is the meaning of namaste, and yoga is another way for children to realise their uniqueness, the miracles that we all are! To connect to the body through yoga also connects to and opens up the heart – and the preschoolers in my centre have so much heart ! They’re already asana experts!”
* “I am a occupational therapist who works daily with families and child with ASD as well
as child with SI challenges. I also teach a weekly yoga classes specially designed for
these populations in the clinic to share the gifts of yoga in a way they can all enjoy
* “Hi there! I teach yoga as well as tumbling to kids and am always looking for new songs and activities to add to our practice. Thanks so much!”
* “I would be using this CD in the Denver Great Kids HEAD START program. As an Early Childhood Mental Health Consultant with the city hospital, Denver Health, I provide social/emotional support in Head Start classrooms. Teaching self-regulation skills via yoga is something I have begun doing this past year in all the classrooms I support.”
* “My kindergarten kiddos would LOVE a yoga CD to use in the classroom! We do whole and small group yoga in my classroom, and we’re always excited to try new resources in the classroom.”
* “my son is PDD/NOS and loves yoga chant. Would love to incorporate this into our yoga practice. I’m also planning on yoga certification training this summer and am looking into working with children w/ ASD”
* “My daughter is highly intelligent and very creative artistically, musically, and dramatically. She identifies strongly with music and has a great focus for drawing and painting. I would like to help her focus more and get more involved in yoga as she was when she was younger(4 now). She has been doing stretches with me on the floor, but responds much better attention wise when music is involved. This CD sounds wonderful and I would purchase it myself however I am a single mother and currently a student as well, so money is tight, but our bodies don’t have to be. : ) LOVE and Peace”
* “I am a 3rd grade teacher, and this year I have been trying to introduce my students to yoga. I think yoga is such a great way to bring peacefulness, compassion, and community into my classroom. I would love to use this cd as a tool to help me find ways to make it more fun and appropriate for my students. I think it would be nice to start our day with yoga, or take little yoga breaks throughout the day.”
* “I would love to have some new games and music to use in my kids yoga classes! It’s always fun to give the kids something new to listen to in class.”
* “I would love to use this CD at home with my kids, and the ones I babysit for. As well in my toddler yoga class! Namaste!”
* “I am an equine therapist for children with disabilities and a kids yoga instructor. I know music, yoga and horses can be incredibly powerful healing tools, especially for children on the Autistic spectrum. I would cherish the music as an added element of both horse-assisted therapy and yoga classes!”
* “CD will be used in kids yoga classes with both typically developing children and children with special needs. (Yoga studio and at a charter school)”
I am an equine therapist (I use horses to rehabilitate kiddos with all sorts of disabilities) and a kids yoga instructor. My buckaroos and yogis would enjoy the music on the ranch and in the shala!
Love the CD for my kids in my family and when I teach toddler yoga! thanks!
What a great CD with awesome songs and chants for little ones! My kindergarten kiddos would love this in our classroom! 🙂 I