Brrr! Winter cold has definitely set in here. Looking for a fun indoor activity for kids? One with a Hawaiian-flair to it? Then check out the new Omolulu Yoga for Children DVD!
This fun-filled educational DVD supports core mental, emotional, physical development in children through the practice of yoga. Omolulu includes four 15-minute sequences tailored to focus on specific developmental areas for children.
- I love how the poses flow well into each other in each segment.
- I love the inclusion of two simple mantras at the beginning of each segment that capture the purpose for the segment.
- I love, love, love the Om Mantra song used as part of relaxation at the end of each segment!
- This DVD would be best suited for children 5-10 years of age.
- See additional comments in each segment 🙂
Earth: Focus and Concentration (15 minutes)
“I am grounded… I am balanced” – This sequence teaches breathing exercises and yoga poses that develop focus and concentration, leaving you feeling ready to learn.
- I learned two new breathing activities by watching this segment: bird breath & a different variation of rainbow breath.
- I loved the cues “if you had headlights on your hips, they would be in front” during Warrior I pose and “your foot is like a kickstand at your ankle” during tree pose.
Short preview clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTYA5Fh8IVo
Water: Calm and Center (15 minutes)
“I am calm… I am centered” – This sequence teaches breathing exercises and yoga poses that calm and center, leaving you with a rested body, calm mind, and soothed emotions.
- Nice simplified version of alternate nostril breathing
- Poses flow well into each other
Short preview clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91p4PdOeaXw
Fire: Coordination and Strength (15 minutes)
“I am strong… I am joyful” – This sequence teaches breathing exercises and yoga poses that develop strength and coordination, leaving you feeling energized.
- I learned another new breathing activity by watching this segment: breath of joy
- The poses in this section may be a little challenging for younger kids who are still developing balance
Short preview clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f0BNVabfWs
Space (Partner Poses): Sharing and Communication (15 minutes)
“I am a good listener… I am kind to others” – This sequence teaches breathing exercises and partner yoga poses that cultivate communication, cooperation, finesse, and awareness of self and others.
- I learned another new breathing activity by watching this segment: lotus flower breath
- Unique partner variations of familiar poses that kids love: partner butterfly, partner flower & partner turtle.
Short preview clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7dST9w5Gdo
Breathing Hale (10 minutes)
A library of all 9 breathing exercises from the four element sequences, broken down specifically and slowly for reference or practice outside of the sequences.
- This will be nice way to learn individual breathing activities before sequencing them into a flow.
Short preview clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnClmYxZY0M
Yoga Pose Hale (20 minutes)
- This will be nice way to learn individual poses before sequencing them into a flow.
A library of all 23 of the yoga poses from the four element sequences, broken down specifically and slowly for reference or practice outside of the sequences.
Short preview clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bKy1MystOQ
Description of DVD by the founder, Brynne Caleda : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsLpJgp3mgE
Video of the Omolulu Mantra Relaxation w/ Lyrics – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7MEbSZ3RA4
DVD Price (as of this post date): $16.95
Purchase online at: http://store.omolulu.com/products/yoga-for-children
When you order this DVD, their website indicates that you will receive a free HD digital download* of the DVD, delivered to your inbox instantly.
- The digital download is an H.264 mp4 which is compatible with iPhone, iPad, PS3, xbox and any other mobile devices. This is a large file, so please be patient when downloading.
- DVD comes in a recycled board eco-wallet and is printed with non-toxic vegetable based ink. Smaller packing = Smaller Carbon Footprint
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own.
How to enter the Omululu Yoga for Children DVD giveaway:
- Leave a comment on this blog post. Must mention how you would be using this DVD with your child or the children you work with. (comments must be in English; 1 entry per person; must have a valid e-mail address)
- For one additional entry, enter via the “Giveaways” tab on the OMazing Kids Yoga FB page (http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsYoga?v=app_197602066931325) & mention how you would be using this DVD with your child or the children you work with (comments must be in English; 1 entry per Facebook account).
Entry Deadline: Enter by any of the methods listed above by 11:59pm CST on December 9, 2011.
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- International entries are being allowed for this particular giveaway
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids Yoga, LLC or Omolulu are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Two (2) winners will be chosen via a random drawing of valid entries on December 10, 2011.
- Each winner will get one (1) copy of the Omolulu Yoga for Children DVD.
- The winners will be notified via e-mail.
- In the event that a winner does not respond within 24 hours, a new winner will be selected via a random drawing.
- The winner’s mailing address will be obtained via e-mail and will be forwarded to Omolulu.
- Omolulu will be shipping the DVD directly to the winner.
- Prize Value: retail price $16.95.
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a kids yoga DVD but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids Yoga, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids Yoga, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids Yoga, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids Yoga, LLC – inclusive yoga for kids & teens of all abilities in Norman, Oklahoma
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the wavy divider bar. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.