Looking for a unique kid’s yoga DVD with no distractions? Then the new Yoga Motion DVD by Namaste Kid would be a great one to get!
The unique thing about this kids yoga DVD is that it has no distractions in the background.
Just a kid-friendly yoga instructor on her yoga mat on a plain white background.
Lindsay McCoy’s positive, calm energy makes yoga fun and approachable. It’s like having a personal yoga instructor in your child’s living room, your classroom or your therapy clinic/office.
Yoga Motion helps kids develop core strength, balance, and confidence. You can even use the relaxation chapters as part of your child’s bedtime routine.
- The DVD is organized into 10 chapters.
- Each chapter is a complete 3-4 minute yoga routine, identified by a colorful icon.
- You can mix-and-match chapters to create your own unique yoga experience.
- This DVD can also be played from beginning to end as a full 35-minute yoga routine.
They have found that this format works well with young kids short attention spans and also works well with kids who have ADHD, Autism, etc…..
We have already found this to be true with some of the kids we work with at the JD McCarty Center. One of our Physical Therapists was reviewing the DVD and two children with special needs who happened to be in the exercise room at that time were immediately captivated by the DVD and started to follow along. Namaste Kid has generously donated 24 copies of the previous version of this DVD to give away at my presentation at the Oklahoma Autism Conference & to patients at the JD McCarty Center so I look forward to having more stories to tell about the kids responses to this cool DVD!
While the DVD was designed for young kids (2.5 to 8 years old), it also would be appropriate for older kids that need a simplified format with no distractions.
Why does a “distraction-free” background matter?….
(FYI… the blue painting in the background above is a portion of “Sensory Chaos” by Donna Proctor: http://fineartamerica.com/featured/sensory-chaos–autism-donna-proctor.html)
This is the “Warm-up” sequence from the Yoga Motion DVD. Your child will learn “Rock-and-Roll”, “Zipper”, and “Cat-Cow”, as well as some breathing techniques.
Information about stores & websites that carry Namaste Kid products (they also have a great eco-friendly kid-sized yoga mat): http://www.namastekid.com/in-stores/
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of the previous version of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own.
How to enter the Yoga Motion – Namaste Kid DVD giveaway:
- Leave a comment on this blog post. Must mention how you think a “distraction-free” kids yoga DVD would work well with your child or children you work with. (comments must be in English; 1 entry per person; must have a valid e-mail address)
- For one additional entry, enter via the “Giveaways” tab on the OMazing Kids Yoga FB page (https://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsYoga) & mention how you think a “distraction-free” kids yoga DVD would work well with your child or children you work with (posts must be in English; 1 entry per Facebook account).
Entry Deadline: Enter by any of the methods listed above by 11:59pm CST on October 12, 2011 .
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address AND a mailing address in the United States of America OR Canada.
- Due to the cost of mailing, only USA & Canada entries allowed. Sorry… no other international entries for this particular contest.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids Yoga or Namaste Kid are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- One (1) winner will be chosen via a random drawing of valid entries on October 13, 2011.
- The winner will get one (1) copy of the Yoga Motion DVD by Namaste Kid
- The winner will be notified via e-mail.
- In the event that the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new winner will be selected via a random drawing.
- The winner’s mailing address will be obtained via e-mail and will be forwarded to Namaste Kid.
- Namaste Kid will be shipping the DVD directly to the winner.
- Prize Value: retail price $15.00.
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a kids yoga DVD but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids Yoga and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids Yoga, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids Yoga and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the blue divider bar. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids Yoga – inclusive yoga for kids & teens of all abilities in Norman, Oklahoma
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2