Check out this fun new addition to the OMazing Kids library… Ladybug Girl: The Super Fun Edition. Then enter the giveaway below for a bundle of this book + 2 other OMazing Kids faves!
About the book: A gorgeous edition of the first book in the New York Times Bestselling series, full of exciting extras. When Lulu puts on her ladybug costume, she becomes Ladybug Girl—a superhero who uses her imagination to have adventures right in her own backyard. Together with Bingo, her basset hound, she proves that she is not too little to explore nature, build forts, and make her own big fun. This deluxe gift edition of the book that earned Ladybug Girl and Bingo a place in the homes and hearts of millions of kids includes a jacket that folds out into a giant poster, punch-out paper dolls of Lulu and Bingo, and 30 reusable stickers to dress them up—a must to kick off or complete any Ladybug Girl collection.
- Age Range:3 – 5 years
- Series:Ladybug Girl
- Hardcover:40 pages
- Publisher:Dial Books; Nov Har/Ps edition (October 20, 2015)
- Product Dimensions:11 x 0.4 x 9.4 inches
Here’s what I love about this book:
- Great messages of “imagination” & “empowerment”.
- Depicts the adventures of outdoors play.
- Has the following opportunities for kids yoga: bending avocado plant (crescent moon), cross crawl hike, ant (warrior series), rock (child’s pose), shark, tree, leaf blowing, stone picking (toega with grey pom poms or small smooth pebbles), gyan mudra looking glasses, bird and additional poses from the end page illustrations and costume stickers: mermaid, pirate, ballerina, princess, astronaut, unicorn, fairy, artist & tiger.
- The extras are fun! The book dust jacket folds out into a giant poster, punch-out paper dolls of Lulu and Bingo, and 30 reusable stickers to dress them up. I’m planning on laminating my paper dolls so they will stand up even longer to repeated use.
Price (at the time of this post): $18.99 hardcover book
- Amazon (currently selling the book for 20% off): http://www.amazon.com/Ladybug-Girl-The-Super-Edition/dp/1101994339/
- Publisher: http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/300110/ladybug-girl-by-jacky-davis-illustrated-by-david-soman/
Free printables: http://www.ladybuggirl.com/printables.html
Penguin Kids Twitter: https://twitter.com/penguinkids
Penguin Kids Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/penguinkidsbooks?fref=ts
The publisher sent me all seven of the other hardcover books in the Ladybug Girl series for me to choose which other 2 to include in the giveaway. What a difficult choice! I love all of the books in this series. Each has a unique positive message and fun storyline. I ended up selecting these two OMazing Kids faves:
- Ladybug Girl and Bingo: Has a great message of “responsibility”. I love the camping theme with lots of opportunities for kids yoga (cross crawl hike, forest of trees group pose, up dog, down dog, bird, turtle, butterfly, canoe, quiet mindful listening, mermaid (pigeon), fish, picnic lunch sequence (open the picnic basket – seated forward fold, decide what kind of sandwiches to make for the picnic, spread out the blanket, seated twist to pass the picnic basket), unicorn, tiger, rocket, boulder, gyan mudra looking glasses , pitching a tent (triangle pose or tent partners pose), campfire (palming), star, firefly, roll up in sleeping bag (rolling up in yoga mat).
- Ladybug Girl and the Big Snow: Has a great message of “perseverance” and “looking on the bright side”. The book has the following opportunities for kids yoga: reach-stretch to put on warm clothing (long johns, snow pants, boots, puffy jacket, mittens & earmuffs), up dog (for her companion Bingo), sun breath & stretch, cross-crawl hike through the snow, penguin (mountain + waddle), tree with snow on “branches”, blowing snow (blowing cotton balls), bell mindful walking activity, standing forward fold to dig in snow, rock-and-roll snowballs, flying winter dragon (Warrior III), mountain, snow animals (bear, dear, bunny, rhino, gorilla, lion, hippo, unicorn), hot cocoa by the fire (palming), snowflakes (standing star with wiggling fingers). The book ends with the sky turning a deep blue with snowflakes….. would make for a nice transition into Savasana with a snowy guided relaxation.
If I had been able to select a third fave it would have been “Ladybug Girl at the Beach” for it’s wonderful message of being brave and overcoming fears. Lots of fun opportunities for kids yoga. I’ve used it several times in OMazing Kids and it’s always a huge hit!
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own. Starting in 2013, a new component of reviews & giveaways hosted on OMazing Kids is that a review will be added on Amazon.com (for products sold on that site). See my Amazon profile at: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1JKVLELLSX7FD?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_aya_bb_pdp.
*** This giveaway is now CLOSED. Congratulations to the winner: Judy Owens *****
The publisher has specified only USA entries allowed for this giveaway due to shipping costs.
Easy Entry Form:
- Only entries with all required information will be valid.The info comes to me directly via e-mail & is ONLY used for the purposes of selecting winners and distributing prizes.
- Helpful Info & Tips: Folks had requested a simpler entry option. I tried Rafflecopter but most folks did not enter an address so now I’m trying this online contact form instead. I will be hand selecting winners to insure products end up in the hands of folks who will put them to the best use.Briefly tell me how winning this would help you & the kids. I take the time to read each entry so details count. It doesn’t have to be lengthy…. just heart-felt.
- If you experience any problems with the entry form in this blog post, please e-mail me specific details so I can attempt to fix it. E-mail to:firstname.lastname@example.org . The entry deadline may be extended at the sole discretion of OMazing Kids in the event of prolonged entry problems.
- Each “giveaway” is handled separately on OMazing Kids. So there are no rules prohibiting previous winners from entering this or future giveaways.I really do read every entry in every giveaway carefully to insure that the products end up in the best hands to impact kids lives.
Entry Deadline: 11:59pm CST on October 27, 2015 .
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- One entry per person.
- Only USA entries are allowed for this particular giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via entries may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Only entries with all required information will be valid.
- The winner will be chosen from valid entries on October 28, 2015.
1 winner will receive a 3 book bundle of one hardcover copy of each of these three Ladybug Girl books:
- Ladybug Girl: The Super Fun Edition
- Ladybug Girl and the Big Snow
- Ladybug Girl and Bingo
- The winner will be notified via e-mail, will be posted on the blog post & will be posted on the OMazing Kids Facebook page. The company offering the prize may also post the winner’s name on their website, blog, Facebook page and/or other social media sites at their discretion.
- The prize will be mailed to the winner using the address submitted in the entry form. OMazing Kids is not responsible for items lost in the mail or for inaccuracies in the mailing address. I copy & paste the info directly from what you submit << so PLEASE proof read your entry for accuracy before submitting it…. in the era of iPhone auto correction these errors happen pretty frequently>>
- The winner’s address will be forwarded to the author and she will be mailing the prizes directly to the winners. After I e-mail the winner’s info to the company, it is their responsibility to mail out prizes. Please contact them first if you are concerned about not receiving a prize. If that does not resolve the problem, then feel free to e-mail me and I will glad to assist in whatever way I can.
Prize Value: $53.97
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a bundle of 3 kids books but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff… This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties. Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways
OMazing Kids LLC is an organization that promotes inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities. The blog and social media pages share information about books, DVD’s, CD’s, games and other products specifically designed for kids wellness, mindfulness and relaxation, product reviews & giveaways, lesson plan & activity ideas, research, kids wellness in the news and a connection corner with listings of individuals doing adapted yoga and those offering trainings.
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below this note. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.