Product Description: A 40-page spiral-bound book (6″ x 9″) + a foam Yoga Dice (2.25″ x 2.25″). List price: $23.95.
Here’s what I love about this product:
- The foam Yoga Dice is large enough for kids with fine motor difficulties to be able to hold and roll.
- The spiral-bound book has heavyweight pages that feel sturdy, are easy to turn and stay open when laid on the floor.
- The book includes information about the benefits of yoga for kids including therapeutic benefits in the areas of flexibility, strength, balance, language, auditory processing, sensory integration, self-awareness & breathing. General tips for setting up a daily yoga routine, safety and modifications/precautions are included.
- Four breathing activities are included in the book (bean bag breath, cotton ball breath, bee breath & dog breath) with a color photo & simple instructions.
- Each pose in the book has a color photo and simple instructions. LOVE the photos of kids with special needs doing yoga….. their pure joy shines!
- 4 short “case studies” are included in the book. They include the age & diagnoses of each child along with details about how that child benefited from yoga.
- A short relaxation script “Rainbow Wear” from Ready…. Set… R.E.L.A.X. is included (it was fun to learn that Jackie’s brother, Jeffrey Allen, M.Ed., is one of the co-authors of that book. I have that book and love it!).
- The only suggestion/tip I have is to modify use of the yoga dice to fit the individual needs of the kids you have in your class. For example, many of the kids I work with have seizures, heart conditions or other diagnoses that are a contraindication for doing inversions. Because of that, we very rarely do Downward Dog in my classes. So I am planning on modifying that side of the dice (haven’t decided exact “how” yet….. I may add a clear pocket to that side to be able to insert a pose).
See a peek inside the book:
The author is on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lets-Roll-Yoga/108028635953850
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own. Starting in 2013, a new component of reviews & giveaways hosted on OMazing Kids is that a review will be added on Amazon.com (for products sold on that site). See my Amazon profile at: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1JKVLELLSX7FD?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_aya_bb_pdp
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways
OMazing Kids LLC is an organization that promotes inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities. The blog and social media pages share information about books, DVD’s, CD’s, games and other products specifically designed for kids wellness, mindfulness and relaxation, product reviews & giveaways, lesson plan & activity ideas, research, kids wellness in the news and a connection corner with listings of individuals doing adapted yoga and those offering trainings.
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the crayons divider bar or any ads or unusual hyperlinks that may appear above. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here. I have attempted to remove the CouponDropDown but no luck so far…. DO NOT click on any hyperlinks unless you hover above them first to insure they are valid. Ones I included should appear in blue font.