Product Description: When Jeeva becomes jealous of a new boy in school, the little yogi reacts by isolating himself from the other children. When his feelings inside beginning to escalate, Jeeva reacts to his conflicted emotions and begins to bully the new boy, Samir. Will Jeeva continue down his path of bullying and negativity, or will he learn to work through his ill feelings towards Samir? This easy-to-read, interactive yoga book teaches children to work through the negative feelings they might have toward others. Approaching bullying from a unique perspective, this wonderful book puts bullying in the spotlight by getting into the mind of a bully. A fantastic book for children and parents alike, the book teaches a positive and insightful anti-bullying message while expertly instructing children and parents with invaluable yoga exercises.
- Paperback: 40 pages
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (August 3, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 148181429X
- ISBN-13: 978-1481814294
- Product Dimensions: 0.1 x 6.9 x 9.8 inches
- 2nd book in the Jeeva series (see my review for the 1st book here: http://omazingkidsllc.com/2013/02/02/review-giveaway-jeeva-finds-courage-read-and-learn-yoga-book/)
Here’s what I love about this book:
- Each 2-page spread has a full-page colorful illustration on the left. The right side has short text in a large easy-to-read font plus an illustration of the yoga pose.
- Poses in the book: cat, down dog, up dog, lizard, tree, half moon, back bend, monkey, elephant, warrior, chair, butterfly.
- Love that the story is written from the perspective of a child who ends up being the bully, that his teacher helps him consider the feelings of the child he has bullied and to use breathing as a calming technique.
- “Let’s Talk About Jeeva” discussion page (ex: Why do you think Jeeva was so angry? Do you think it would be hard to be the new kid in school or in your neighborhood? etc…). This is a great way to get kids to really think about the concepts learned in the story and apply them to their own lives.
- Love how the Jeeva series is addressing common situations & behavioral issues faced by children.
- Includes a brief relaxation script for savasana.
- A 13-page section at the end of the book provides another illustration of each pose & detailed but easy-to-understand instructions for that pose.
A peek inside the book:
See more about the book series in this video:
Several other books are planned in the Jeeva series. See details on their Kickstarter page: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/255910469/jeeva-the-bully-0.
They are on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ReadAndLearnYoga,
& Twitter: https://twitter.com/ReadandLearnYog
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own. Starting in 2013, a new component of reviews & giveaways hosted on OMazing Kids is that a review will be added on Amazon.com (for products sold on that site). See my Amazon profile at: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1JKVLELLSX7FD?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_aya_bb_pdp.
Easy Entry Form:
International entries allowed for this giveaway.
Only entries with all required information will be valid. The info comes to me directly via e-mail & is ONLY used for the purposes of selecting winners and distributing prizes.
- Helpful Info & Tips: Folks had requested a simpler entry option. I tried Rafflecopter but most folks did not enter an address so now I’m trying this online contact form instead. I will be hand selecting winners to insure products end up in the hands of folks who will put them to the best use. Briefly tell me how winning this would help you & the kids. I take the time to read each entry so details count. It doesn’t have to be lengthy…. just heart-felt.
- If you experience any problems with the entry form in this blog post, please e-mail me specific details so I can attempt to fix it. E-mail to: email@example.com . The entry deadline may be extended at the sole discretion of OMazing Kids in the event of prolonged entry problems.
- Each “giveaway” is handled separately on OMazing Kids. So there are no rules prohibiting previous winners from entering this or future giveaways. I really do read every entry in every giveaway carefully to insure that the products end up in the best hands to impact kids lives.
Entry Deadline: 11:59pm CST on November 6, 2013.
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- One entry per person.
- International entries are allowed for this particular giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via entries may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Only entries with all required information will be valid.
- The winner will be chosen from valid entries on November 7, 2013.
5 winners will each receive the following prize: 1 copy of the book Jeeva the Bully from Read and Learn Yoga
- The winner will be notified via e-mail, will be posted on the blog post & will be posted on the OMazing Kids Facebook page. The company offering the prize may also post the winner’s name on their website, blog, Facebook page and/or other social media sites at their discretion.
- The winner’s address will be forwarded to the author and she will be mailing the prizes directly to the winners. After I e-mail the winner’s info to the company, it is their responsibility to mail out prizes. Please contact them first if you are concerned about not receiving a prize. If that does not resolve the problem, then feel free to e-mail me and I will glad to assist in whatever way I can.
Prize Value: $14.95 per book
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a kids book but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
Contests & Giveaways on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsContestsandGiveaways
OMazing Kids LLC is an organization that promotes inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities. The blog and social media pages share information about books, DVD’s, CD’s, games and other products specifically designed for kids wellness, mindfulness and relaxation, product reviews & giveaways, lesson plan & activity ideas, research, kids wellness in the news and a connection corner with listings of individuals doing adapted yoga and those offering trainings.
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the crayons divider bar or any ads or unusual hyperlinks that may appear above. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here. I have attempted to remove the CouponDropDown but no luck so far…. DO NOT click on any hyperlinks unless you hover above them first to insure they are valid. Ones I included should appear in blue font.