Imaginations: Fun Relaxation Stories and Meditations for Kids
This book provides stories to help children learn to calm their bodies and relax their minds. Wildly imaginative and whimsically joyful, Carolyn Clarke’s guide is a wonderful tool for children to learn that the most important spaces in life are often the quiet moments in between. The stories and illustrations contained in this volume help children learn to calm themselves and release the tension of their lives in a positive, healing manner. A child’s ability to consciously relax their body and clear their mind can help address a myriad of issues, such as anxiety, stress, and excessive worry; sleep disorders, nightmares, and fear of the dark at bedtime; anger issues; focus and concentration issues; special needs, including ADD, ADHD, Aspergers, autism, and OCD; depression; low self-esteem; grief; and life changes such as moving, divorce, or changing schools.
- Paperback: 56 pages
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (April 28, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1463512023
- ISBN-13: 978-1463512026
- Product Dimensions: 11 x 8.5 x 0.1 inches
What I LOVE about this book:
- Includes 18 relaxation scripts specifically written for kids. The scripts are short and based on kid-friendly themes (getting ready for relaxation, beach, stars, hot air balloon, bubbles, trees, flying, clouds, space, enchanted forest, hiking, sending love, under the sea, tree house, flower potion, seeds, colors, loving kindness). Most of these are themes commonly used in kids yoga classes so this book is sure to become a loved & well used resource!
- These relaxation scripts will also be helpful in my work as a Speech-Language Pathologist. Many of the kids I see have high levels of anxiety and often have difficulty sleeping. I often incorporate relaxation techniques into my sessions, especially for kids with Autism, Asperger’s, ADHD & Stuttering.
- The scripts are free of any wording that have religious connotations which makes them easy to use in any setting. Only two (enchanted forest & magic flower potion) make references to “magic”. But it will be easy to modify these two scripts to leave out references to magic.
- Each 2-page spread has a script & a full page illustration. The illustrations capture the essence of the script and many have a “retro” feel to them. I love having a picture to show kids before I read a relaxation script. Many of the kids I work with have special needs and relate well to visuals.
- Large easy to read text.
- Great additional info in the introduction sections. Love the simplified intro written specifically for kids!
- Includes pictures & instructions for four yoga poses as prep for relaxation (knee hug, happy baby, legs up & starfish savasana)
A sneek-peek inside the book (from preview on Amazon):
Price at the time of this post: $19.99
Available for purchase on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Imaginations-Relaxation-Stories-Meditations-Kids/dp/1463512023
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own.
How to enter the giveaway:
- Enter via the “Giveaways” tab on the OMazing Kids FB page (http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsYoga?v=app_197602066931325) & mention how you would be using this book. (comments must be in English; must include full first & last name; 1 entry per Facebook account).
- For one additional entry, leave a comment on this blog post. Must mention how you would be using this book. If you only enter via blog post comment, you must also send me an e-mail with your mailing address (send to email@example.com. You will not need to do this if you also entered via the Enter Giveaways Here…. tab on Facebook since your address will be provided on that entry (comments must be in English; 1 entry per person; must have a valid e-mail address)
- Helpful Info & Tips: You increase your odds of winning by entering via both methods. Entering via the “Giveaways” tab will save you the step of e-mailing me your mailing address – the info you complete on the tab comes directly to me via an e-mail. FYI…. I use a free app from Shortstack for that tab and have no control over technical difficulties either on their end or on Facebook. In the event that you experience difficulties with the tab you can submit an entry via e-mail providing your full name, e-mail address, mailing address, how you would be using the book. E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately Facebook rules prohibit me from accepting entries directly from posts or comments on Facebook.
Entry Deadline: Enter by any of the methods listed above by 11:59pm CST on August 28, 2012.
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- International entries are being allowed for this particular giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via the Enter Giveaways Here…. tab on Facebook or e-mail may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Three (3) winners will be chosen via a random drawing of valid entries on August 29, 2012.
- Each winner will receive one (1) copy of the book.
- The winners will be notified via e-mail and will be posted on the blog post.
- Each winner’s address will be forwarded to the publishing company and they will be mailing the prize directly to the winner.
- Prize Value: $19.99
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a kids book but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the wavy divider bar. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.