Celebrate the wonders of nature with this great new book!
Watch the wonder experienced by a small child journeying through the world and round the day taking in the many magnificent aspects of nature. This imaginative and lyrical picture book showcases the love between a mother and child, celebrating the ever-changing beauty of the natural world along the way.
Written By: Susan B. Katz, Illustrated By: Melissa Launay
- Hardcover: 24 pages
- Publisher: Barefoot Books (April 1, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1846864186
- ISBN-13: 978-1846864186
- Product Dimensions: 9.1 x 0.3 x 10.2 inches
What I LOVE about this book:
- Beautiful portrayal of a loving relationship between a mother & child.
- Great message of admiring the earth’s beauty will inspire kids to care for our world and all living creatures.
- Gorgeous illustrations with lots of details. Like most Barefoot Books, each time I read it I find more things on each page. It’s fun to look for the cat, boy & mama on each page! Great for working on vocabulary & lots of opportunities for kids yoga poses & breathing.
- Beautiful rhyming text makes this book as beautiful to read and hear as is it is to see.
- Large easy to read text.
A sneek-peek inside the book:
Price at the time of this post:$16.99.
Available for purchase: http://www.barefootbooks.com/marketplace/4826.
Discount Code: 20% off a first time order. The code is Twenty12. (only good when ordering directly through Jaime’s Barefoot Books)
Illustrator’s Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Melissa-Launay/117336158279681, blog: http://melissalaunay.blogspot.com/ & website: http://www.melissalaunay.com/
Author’s website: http://www.susankatzbooks.com/
More things to go with this book in a kids yoga class:
Free printable mandala:
My Mama Earth (from the Youtube video – see link to free mp3 above)
Mama Nature by Kira Willey (on the Kings & Queens of the Forest CD) – http://www.amazon.com/Mama-Nature/dp/B005VW3F3Q
Mother Earth from the Living Values Songs for Children Ages 3-7 CD – free mp3 at: http://www.livingvalues.net/books/Days-Dreams-Music/disc1/Track11.mp3
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own.
How to enter the giveaway:
- Enter via the “Giveaways” tab on the OMazing Kids FB page (http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsYoga?v=app_197602066931325) & mention how you would be using this book. (comments must be in English; must include full first & last name; 1 entry per Facebook account).
- For one additional entry, leave a comment on this blog post. Must mention how you would be using this book. If you only enter via blog post comment, you must also send me an e-mail with your mailing address (send to email@example.com. You will not need to do this if you also entered via the Enter Giveaways Here…. tab on Facebook since your address will be provided on that entry (comments must be in English; 1 entry per person; must have a valid e-mail address)
- Helpful Info & Tips: You increase your odds of winning by entering via both methods. Entering via the “Giveaways” tab will save you the step of e-mailing me your mailing address – the info you complete on the tab comes directly to me via an e-mail. FYI…. I use a free app from Shortstack for that tab and have no control over technical difficulties either on their end or on Facebook. In the event that you experience difficulties with the tab you can submit an entry via e-mail providing your full name, e-mail address, mailing address, how you would be using the book. E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately Facebook rules prohibit me from accepting entries directly from posts or comments on Facebook.
Entry Deadline: Enter by any of the methods listed above by 11:59pm CST on August 24, 2012.
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- Only USA & Canada entries are being allowed for this particular giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via the Enter Giveaways Here…. tab on Facebook or e-mail may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- One (1) winner will be chosen via a random drawing of valid entries on August 25, 2012.
- The winner will receive one (1) copy of the book.
- The winner will be notified via e-mail and will be posted on the blog post.
- The winner’s address will be forwarded to the publishing company and they will be mailing the prize directly to the winner.
- Prize Value: $16.99
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a kids book but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the wavy divider bar. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.