“Care for our world, for you and for me, for all living things from mountain to sea”. Want to inspire kids to be caring & to show kindness? Check out the wonderful “Care for Our World” book & playset from Compendium / Live Inspired!
Product Details: Get ready to meet some truly wonderful wild animals from every continent on Earth. As children turn the pages of this book, they’ll encounter dozens of playful creatures in their natural habitats and will learn about the importance of caring for all the plants, animals, and people that call planet Earth their home. A timely reminder of the responsibility every generation shares: to nurture and respect life in all its many forms.
- Hardcover: 36 pages
- Publisher: Compendium Inc (July 15, 2012)
- Language: English
- Includes the hardcover book, dozens of punch-out animals & a habitat storage box.
List Price: $34.95
Where to Purchase: http://www.live-inspired.com/Care-for-Our-World-play-set-P1095, http://www.amazon.com/Care-World-Play-Punch-Out-Hardcover/dp/1935414631/ref=sr_1_9?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1343869057&sr=1-9
The book is also available separately (list price: $16.95): http://www.live-inspired.com/Care-for-Our-World-book-P1094, http://www.amazon.com/Care-World-Book-Karen-Robbins/dp/1935414615
Here’s what I love about this book & playset:
- The beautiful rhyming words flow easily as you read this book outloud & inspire kids to think about all the gifts of nature and living creatures from forest, jungle, or sea that live in our world and a plea to take care of them.
- The illustrations by Alexandra Ball are breathtaking! Really more works of art than just illustrations.
- I love the gentleness of both the words & illustrations. Both evoke feelings of calmness & kindness. I love that the message of caring for the earth is done in a kid-friendly way.
- The book & playset items are printed with soy ink.
- The playset animals & trees are made of very thick, sturdy cardboard. The kids I work with tend to be very rough on things so I am planning on having the items preassembled when I use them. I wrote the name of the item on each base using a very fine-tip permanent market before I punched the items out to aide in easy assembly. The items have to be taken apart to fit back in the storage box.
- The playset is wonderful to use to work on vocabulary, following directions, spatial concepts, adjectives, etc….
Here’s a “sneek peek” inside the book & playset:
Also check out Alexandra Ball’s, the illustrator, websites & social media pages: http://www.alexandraball.co.uk/, http://www.illustrationweb.com/artists/AlexandraBall/view, http://www.facebook.com/AlexandraBallIllustration, http://twitter.com/miss_bally_ball, http://pinterest.com/missballyball/my-illustrations/. She was SO kind to share black and white illustrations from the book to use as coloring sheets with the kids! Since the theme of the book is all about kindness & caring it was really cool to be able to tell the kids how the illustrator shared these via e-mail all the way from the UK :)
Here is a 6-page PDF coloring booklet I put together with a cover, the illustrations above and kids kindness & peace pledges: care for our world coloring sheets and kids kindness & peace pledges (6-page PDF).
The kids LOVED coloring as part of relaxation at the Inclusive OMazing Kids Yoga Class at JDMC! It was the Monday following the tragedy in Aurora, Colorado so this book & coloring activity were a perfect way to share a message of peace & kindness :)
Disclaimer: I received a free sample of this product to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are my own.
How to enter the giveaway:
- Enter via the “Giveaways” tab on the OMazing Kids FB page (http://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsYoga?v=app_197602066931325) & mention how you would be using this book & playset. (comments must be in English; must include full first & last name; 1 entry per Facebook account). Details count in determining the Grand Prize winner.
- For one additional entry, leave a comment on this blog post. Must mention how you would be using this book & playset. If you only enter via blog post comment, you must also send me an e-mail with your mailing address (send to firstname.lastname@example.org). You will not need to do this if you also entered via the Enter Giveaways Here…. tab on Facebook since your address will be provided on that entry (comments must be in English; 1 entry per person; must have a valid e-mail address).
- Helpful Info & Tips: You increase your odds of winning by entering via both methods. Entering via the “Giveaways” tab will save you the step of e-mailing me your mailing address – the info you complete on the tab comes directly to me via an e-mail. FYI…. I use a free app from Shortstack for that tab and have no control over technical difficulties either on their end or on Facebook. In the event that you experience difficulties with the tab you can submit an entry via e-mail providing your full name, e-mail address, mailing address, how you would be using the book & playset. E-mail to: email@example.com. Unfortunately Facebook rules prohibit me from accepting entries directly from posts or comments on Facebook.
Entry Deadline: Enter by any of the methods listed above by 11:59pm CST on August 4, 2012.
Rules of Participation:
- Must be 18 years or older with a valid e-mail address.
- Only USA entries are being allowed for this particular giveaway.
- Employees or family members of OMazing Kids, LLC or the product’s company are not eligible.
- No purchase required.
- Comments submitted via the Enter Giveaways Here…. tab on Facebook or e-mail may be copied & pasted into the blog post.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- One (1) grand prize winner for the playset w/ book & two (2) book winners will be chosen via a random drawing of valid entries on August 5, 2012.
- The grand prize winner will receive 1 playset w/ book. The two book winners will each receive 1 copy of the book.
- The winner will be notified via e-mail and will be posted on the blog post.
- The winner’s address will be forwarded to the company and they will be mailing the prize directly to the winner.
- Prize Value: $34.95 playset w/ book; $16.95 book
Other Legal Stuff: I know it’s just a playset & book but just to be safe here is all the legal stuff…
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to OMazing Kids, LLC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for our internal purposes in relation to the administration of the giveaway. Your information will NOT be sold to any outside parties.
Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the decisions of OMazing Kids, LLC, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless OMazing Kids, LLC and its respective representatives and agents from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, IAYT, RCYP-2
Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC – inclusive wellness activities for kids of all abilities
Radiant Child Yoga Certified – Levels 1 & 2
NOTE: Please ignore any ads that appear below the wavy divider bar. This is a free blog site & I have no control over ads appearing here.